A Pageant of the Sea, the MacPherson Collection of maritime prints and drawings in the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
Robinson, M.S. 3
Halton & Co., 1950
Celebration of Marine Art, sixty years of the Royal Society of Marine Artists
by Myers, Credland & others
Bounty Books, 2005.
a fine collection of maritime art, fully illustrated in colour, with accompanying text by authorities in the field
Celebration of Sail, the marine art of Roy Cross RSMA
The Crowood Press, 2004.
with a wealth of colour plates depicting men-of-war, merchant sail, clippers, racing yachts, etc.
Clippers, Packets & Men O’ War, the tall ship in art
Cross, Roy, et.al.
Bounty Books, 2005
J.E. Buttersworth, 19th-century marine painter – Rudolph Schaefer
Schaefer, Rudolph J.
Mystic Seaport, 1975
John Ward original lithographs
Five original ca.1820’s lithographs of merchant and naval sailing ships by John Ward of Hull
1. ‘Marine Studies’ – Brig, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
2. ‘Marine Studies’ – Ship, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
3. ‘The Gun Brig’. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
4. A Sixth Rate – 18 gun corvette. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
5. First Rate – 120 guns. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
five fine, detailed and lively lithograph views by one of the finest marine artists of the early 19th century