Ships and other Sorts of Craft used by the various Nations of the World
Francis Edwards, 1970
Celebration of Marine Art, sixty years of the Royal Society of Marine Artists
by Myers, Credland & others
Bounty Books, 2005.
a fine collection of maritime art, fully illustrated in colour, with accompanying text by authorities in the field
Model Steamers & Motor Boats, how to build and run them
Marshall, Percival (editor)
Percival Marshall, 1951
Navies and Armed Forces, 1915-1960, an exhibition of paintings and drawings
London, N.R.Omell Gallery, 1991
John Ward original lithographs
Five original ca.1820’s lithographs of merchant and naval sailing ships by John Ward of Hull
1. ‘Marine Studies’ – Brig, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
2. ‘Marine Studies’ – Ship, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
3. ‘The Gun Brig’. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
4. A Sixth Rate – 18 gun corvette. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
5. First Rate – 120 guns. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
five fine, detailed and lively lithograph views by one of the finest marine artists of the early 19th century