A Pageant of the Sea, the MacPherson Collection of maritime prints and drawings in the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
Robinson, M.S. 3
Halton & Co., 1950
Clippers, Packets & Men O’ War, the tall ship in art
Cross, Roy, et.al.
Bounty Books, 2005
Descriptive Catalogue of Ship Models – Glasgow Art Gallery & Museum
Corporation of the City of Glasgow, 1971.
the complete series of descriptive illustrated catalogues of the ship model holdings in Glasgow’s Kelvingrove Museum in 1971. covering, ocean-going vessels, sailing ships, Clyde & other steamers, and warships & other craft.
J.E. Buttersworth, 19th-century marine painter – Rudolph Schaefer
Schaefer, Rudolph J.
Mystic Seaport, 1975
John Ward original lithographs
Five original ca.1820’s lithographs of merchant and naval sailing ships by John Ward of Hull
1. ‘Marine Studies’ – Brig, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
2. ‘Marine Studies’ – Ship, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
3. ‘The Gun Brig’. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
4. A Sixth Rate – 18 gun corvette. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
5. First Rate – 120 guns. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
five fine, detailed and lively lithograph views by one of the finest marine artists of the early 19th century
Marine Art and the Clyde
Jones-Sands Publishing, 2000.
a fine, important work in the field of marine art, being a study of the Clyde’s shipping and shipbuilding as depicted by the marine artists of the 19th century; including the work of Robert Salmon and William Clark. the authoritative text is complemented by a wealth of colour illustration.