A Pageant of the Sea, the MacPherson Collection of maritime prints and drawings in the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
Robinson, M.S. 3
Halton & Co., 1950
Celebration of Sail, the marine art of Roy Cross RSMA
The Crowood Press, 2004.
with a wealth of colour plates depicting men-of-war, merchant sail, clippers, racing yachts, etc.
Clippers, Packets & Men O’ War, the tall ship in art
Cross, Roy, et.al.
Bounty Books, 2005
J.E. Buttersworth, 19th-century marine painter – Rudolph Schaefer
Schaefer, Rudolph J.
Mystic Seaport, 1975
John Ward original lithographs
Five original ca.1820’s lithographs of merchant and naval sailing ships by John Ward of Hull
1. ‘Marine Studies’ – Brig, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
2. ‘Marine Studies’ – Ship, at anchor and underway. colour tinted lithograph 27x37cm. printed by W.Monkouse, York.
3. ‘The Gun Brig’. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
4. A Sixth Rate – 18 gun corvette. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
5. First Rate – 120 guns. tinted lithograph 28x37cm.
five fine, detailed and lively lithograph views by one of the finest marine artists of the early 19th century